Linux System Administrator
The role entails server-side operations and troubleshooting tasks that support business-critical and development activities.
NutaNXT Technologies offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth, and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
- Monitor and troubleshoot of LAN / WAN networks.
- Create, clone Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware ESXi & Virtualization environments.
- Resolving system errors and crashes, huge file sizes, file system full errors.
- Implementation of reverse proxy on Linux for load balancing of internet/intranet traffic.
- Hands on maintenance and administration of Linux Operating System.
- Configure VLANs, ACL (Mellanox, Cisco, HP based Switches).
- Handle Firewall (VPN, Monitoring, logs and status, software maintenance, update patches etc).
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures to ensure high availability.
- Perform routine system maintenance when needed to resolve issues.
- Support RCA (Root Cause Analysis) efforts.
- Manage and support web servers.
- Install and maintain vendor application.
- Ensure a highly available production environment particularly during system maintenance.
- Answering time bound client tickets.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Upgrade environments.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Linux system administrator with over 5 years of experience in related technologies and standards.
- Understanding of network technologies utilized within an Internet/Intranet environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols like DHCP/DNS/CDP/ARP etc.
- Need to have knowledge of Linux and MySQL database.
- Experience in enterprise solutions and systems.
- Knowledge on scripting in BASH or Python.
- IT certifications or equivalent experience is an added advantage.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and administration of Apache/Tomcat.
- Experience in Installing, configuring and maintaining, KICKSTART, SFTP, DNS, DHCP, and Samba.
- Experience in Install and configuration of Web hosting administration HTTP, FTP, SSH, & RSH.
- Experience in Installation of VMware ESX server and creation of VMs and install different guest OS.
- Experience in Installation and configuration of Zones and Containers in Solaris 10 environment.
- Experience in Dev-Ops Support (Nagios and Zabbix) Monitoring.
- Experienced in version controlling SVN/CVS/GIT/Jenkins.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills.